Grand Opening Celebrations

Grand Opening Celebrations

Saturday, January 23rd featured our day of Grand Opening Celebrations and what a blast we had!
Officially, things kicked off at 1pm with live music by Stephen Leblanc until 4pm. Much praise has been received for Stephen’s performance and hopefully we will be able to welcome him back to the Mountain before the season is complete.

From there we vacated the Bar & Grill to enter set-up mode. This was a very educational experience as we were able to see what the area looks like aesthetically for events such as Annual General Meetings, Reunions, Weddings, etc… We re-opened the B & G doors at 5pm with Happy Hour and a pork roast buffet dinner. The food was amazing, with roasted red potatoes, apple sauce, roasted winter root veggies, tomato salad, orzo pasta, authentic dressing, all served with an herb cream sauce. Everything was delicious – and I know because I tried everything and nearly licked the plate upon completion. Thank you to the Moffett and MacLean families, Julie our Food & Beverage Manager, Chef Mathias and staff.

Gary Morris and Crossroads provided a belly-reprieve between dinner and dessert with their comical song-writing abilities, in addition to a special appearance by the one and only Unis! If you missed this portion of the evening you definitely missed a good stomach work-out with laughter. For dessert, we provided your choice of strawberry layer cake or lemon crème layer cake, served with tea or coffee.

As with many a Grand Opening, we heard wonderful thank you’s from Stephen Moffett, Arthur Lee White and Bill Anderson himself, along with official congratulations from Alaina Lockhart (Fundy Royal MP) and Stephen Horsman (Deputy Premier). Following the formal part of the evening, Crossroads transitioned the evening into the dance portion to complete the night of celebrations.

To commemorate the evening, it was decided to dust off and rejuvenate the Torch Parade. Thanks to Stan Sample for organizing, Mike Letourneau of Canadian Tire for arranging for us to have the flares in time, and to all those who braved the darkness, the elements, the flare drippings and the synchronicity of it all – we thank you!

And while I am thanking people, I would also like to extend a big thank you to our snow makers. Considering the weather predicament as of late, without these people and the investment Poley Mountain continues to make into our snow making coverage and abilities, there would be very limited skiing, if at all. When conditions permit, snow making is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week cycle with 2 crews both working 12 hour shifts. Working outside 95% of their day/night, riding up, down and all around the mountain to set up hoses and equipment, this is a very thankless job. Therefore, I would like to conclude this week by saying “thank you snow makers – we’d be green without you.”

One final note to end on – We are having a Valentine’s Dinner & Dance, Saturday February 13th. Check for our ad in the KCR this week for menu options – music to be performed by the Instigators. When in doubt, check poleymountain.com, or find us on Facebook at Poley Mountain Official.


As written for the Kings County Record, February 2nd Column


19 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my web site so i came to go back the prefer?.I'm trying to find things to improve my web site!I assume its
ok to use some of your concepts!!

Wed, June 21, 2017 @ 3:49 AM

2. wrote:
I savor, result in I discovered exactly what I was taking a
look for. You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have
a nice day. Bye

Sat, August 12, 2017 @ 4:15 AM

3. wrote:
Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely
long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything.

Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers?

I'd certainly appreciate it.

Mon, September 24, 2018 @ 10:05 PM

4. wrote:
Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful.
I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what
you are stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it
sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. This
is really a great website.

Wed, September 26, 2018 @ 6:21 PM

5. wrote:
fantastic submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the other specialists of this sector don't notice this.
You should continue your writing. I'm confident, you have
a huge readers' base already!

Fri, September 28, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

6. wrote:
Hi friends, how is everything, and what you want to say concerning this paragraph, in my view its truly amazing designed for me.

Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 10:13 PM

7. wrote:
If you desire to obtain much from this article
then you have to apply these techniques to your won web
site.

Mon, October 8, 2018 @ 6:37 AM

8. wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I
certainly enjoyed every bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to check out new things you post…

Wed, October 10, 2018 @ 6:31 AM

9. wrote:
Just desire to say your article is as astounding.
The clarity for your post is just spectacular and i can assume you are
an expert in this subject. Fine with your permission let me
to snatch your RSS feed to keep updated with drawing close post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 5:30 AM

10. wrote:
Very nice article, exactly what I was looking for.

Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 7:19 AM

11. wrote:
descargar facebook
Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my
comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and
I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!
Descargar facebook

Fri, November 2, 2018 @ 9:32 AM

12. wrote:
These are in fact fantastic ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some fastidious points here.

Any way keep up wrinting.

Sun, November 4, 2018 @ 5:26 AM

13. wrote:
Descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar facebook

Good info. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later! Descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar facebook

Sun, November 4, 2018 @ 1:32 PM

14. wrote:
What i don't realize is in truth how you are not actually
a lot more smartly-favored than you may be now.
You are so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably when it comes to this topic, produced me
in my view believe it from numerous various angles. Its like men and women aren't fascinated until it's
one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent.
Always handle it up!

Fri, November 9, 2018 @ 1:28 AM

15. wrote:
This is really attention-grabbing, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of extra of your wonderful post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

Sun, November 11, 2018 @ 12:49 AM

16. wrote:
bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

Sun, November 11, 2018 @ 6:14 PM

17. wrote:
Hello it's me, I am also visiting this site regularly, this web site is truly nice and the users are really sharing good thoughts.

Wed, November 14, 2018 @ 1:47 AM

18. wrote:
Can you tell us more about this? I'd love to find
out some additional information.

Sun, November 18, 2018 @ 3:21 PM

19. wrote:
Hi there, this weekend is nice in favor of me, for the reason that this occasion i am reading this fantastic informative article
here at my house.

Thu, December 6, 2018 @ 6:10 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

SNOW REPORT

TRAILS

8/33

LIFTS

3/5

HOURS

10am-4pm